Past Simple Tense (Past Indefinite) with Examples

Past Simple Tense (Past Indefinite)

It is used to express an action that happened or completed in past, usually a very little time before speaking, or action which is just completed.
 
ये वाक्य 2 प्रकार के होते हैं
1st type: Sub ने ऐसा... किया था(एक बार- Once )
2nd type: Sub ऐसा... करता था (अक्सर- Many times)
पहचान: इन वाक्यों के अंत में  आ था /ई थी /ऐ थे /आ /ई /ऐ  आता है।
जैसे:
राम कल अदालत गया था। (1st type)
राम कल अदालत गया(1st type)
वे खेलने जाते थे(2st type)
सीता पढने जाती थी(2st type)

How to make Tense:


1. 1st type of tenses (Subject did Once ) If Sub= I, You, Singular(एकवचन) or Plural(बहुवचन) (Same for all Subjects)
Then: 
1. Sub+Verb 2nd form
2. Sub+didn't+Verb 1st form
3. How+did+Sub+Verb 1st form
4. Why+didn't+Sub+Verb 1st form

Speaking in Stress or loudly: Sub+did+Verb 1st form
Sentence using Never : Sub+never+Verb 2nd form



  2. 2nd type of tenses (Subject did many times)
If Sub= I, You, Singular(एकवचन) or Plural(बहुवचन) (Same for all Subjects)
Then:
1. Sub+used to+Verb 1st form
2. Sub+didn't+use to+Verb 1st form
3. How+did+Sub+use to+Verb 1st form
4. Why+didn't+Sub+use to+Verb 1st form

Speaking in Stress or loudly: Sub+did+use to+Verb 1st form
Sentence using Never: Sub+never+used to+Verb 1st form

Examples:
  • I saw a movie yesterday.
  • I didn't see a play yesterday.
  • Last year, I traveled to Japan.
  • Last year, I didn't travel to Korea.
  • Did you have dinner last night?
  • She washed her car.
  • He didn't wash his car.
  • I killed a snake
  • He ate a mango.
  • I did not kill a snake
  • He did not eat a mango
  • He gave me a gift
  • They went to cinema.
  • She wrote a letter to him.
  • I made a table.
  • You answered correctly.
  • Did he give me a gift?
  • Did they go to cinema?
  • Did she write a letter to him?
  • Did I make a table?
  • Did you answer correctly?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Submit your Email Address to Get Free latest Articles Directly to your Inbox

Recent Comments

Recently Watched

© 2010 Meaning in Hindi Template by My Blogger Tricks