Past Continuous Tense with Examples

Past Continuous Tense

It is used to express a continued or ongoing action in past, an ongoing action which occurred in past and completed at some point in past.For example, “he was eating.” This sentence shows ongoing action (eating) of a person which occurred in past.
 
पहचान: इन वाक्यों के अंत में  रहा था /रही थी /रहे थे आता है।
जैसे:
राम जा रहा था
वे खेलने जा रहे थे
सीता पढने जा रही थी

How to make Tense:

If Sub=I or Singular(एकवचन)
Then:
1. Sub+was+Verb+ing
2. Sub+wasn't+Verb+ing
3. How+was+Sub+Verb+ing
4. Why+wasn't+Sub+Verb+ing

If Sub= You, or Plural(बहुवचन)
Then: 
1. Sub+were+Verb+ing
2. Sub+weren't+Verb+ing
3. How+were+Sub+Verb+ing
4. Why+weren't+Sub+Verb+ing
 Examples:
  • I was watching TV when she called.
  • When the phone rang, she was writing a letter.
  • While we were having the picnic, it started to rain.
  • What were you doing when the earthquake started?
  • I was listening to my iPod, so I didn't hear the fire alarm.
  • You were not listening to me when I told you to turn the oven off.
  • While John was sleeping last night, someone stole his car.
  • Sammy was waiting for us when we got off the plane.
  • While I was writing the email, the computer suddenly went off.
  • Last night at 6 PM, I was eating dinner.
  • At midnight, we were still driving through the desert.
  • Yesterday at this time, I was sitting at my desk at work.
  • I was studying while he was making dinner.
  • While Ellen was reading, Tim was watching television.
  • Were you listening while he was talking?
  • I wasn't paying attention while I was writing on the paper.
  • What were you doing while you were waiting?
  • Ram wasn't working, and I wasn't working either.
  • They were eating dinner, discussing their plans, and having a good time.
  • She was always coming to class late.
  • He was constantly talking. He annoyed everyone.
  • I didn't like them because they were always complaining.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Submit your Email Address to Get Free latest Articles Directly to your Inbox

Recent Comments

Recently Watched

© 2010 Meaning in Hindi Template by My Blogger Tricks